The Veterans Service Officer will provide assistance and/or guidance with:
– Veteran, spouse, child and survivor benefits
– DOD ID Card application or renewal
- Updating DEERS data via MilConnect.com
– Application for a new service-connected disability compensation, increase disability percentage of an awarded disability or apply for secondary disability caused or agravated by a primary awarded disability. Disability claim applications will be submitted using your online E-Benefits or va.gov account
– Application for VA Individual Unemployability (IU) or temporary convalescence 100% IU after surgery of any service connected disability that requires 30 days or more recovery time
– Survivor Casualty Assistance. Report of death to VA, DFAS, US Embassy and Social Security. Report of death of a US citizen abroad to the US Embassy, and forms required to start any eligible benefits, pensions or payments
– VA Foreign Medical Program (FMP) registration for medical services and medications overseas; VA-FMP reimbursement claims can be sent via email to: email@example.com
– Explanation of the VA Disability Benefit Questionnaire (DBQ) used for the compensation & pension (C&P) medical exam for VA disability claims
– TRICARE reimbursement claims submission via the online TRICARE account
– Application for the health benefit CHAMPVA ID for spouse and children of 100% Total & Permanent (T&P) disabled, non-retired, veterans
– Spouse and dependent Chapter 35 Dependent Education Assistance (DEA) for university studies overseas
– Preparation of VA Form 22-0976, Application for Approval of a Program in a Foreign Country. This application is for requesting approval of a university degree with VA so you can use your Chapter 35 education benefits
– Annual Social Security Proof of Life
– Registering for an E-Benefits, va.gov, TRICARE, MyHealtheVet and/or DFAS online account
- Notifying VA of your Panama physical residence for required VA compensation and pension (C&P) medical exams coordinated by the Veterans Evaluation Services (VES) out of Houston, TX
***NOTE: E-Benefits is slowly migrating to va.gov. You can use your E-Benefits login for the new va.gov and MilConnect
Panama Veterans Commission VSOs have a 90% success rate with VA disability claims. It is important to understand that veterans have a huge documentation gathering responsibility for their claims to be fully developed. The veteran must work hard, hand-in-hand with his VSO, for the claim to be fully developed for submission.
*** VSOs will work with the veteran until the claim is fully developed and submitted via E-Benefits, va.gov or FAXed to the VA Evidence Intake Center, Janesville, WI.
Panama Veterans Commission VSOs have been highly successful assisting and guiding veterans since 1999.
VSO assistance and guidance is free of charge.